I do accept samples from wineries and tasting rooms, and there are many ways to have your wines reviewed by me. They include:
- A direct request to Aaronswinechronicles.com, from a winery, tasting room, owner or winemaker. Simply email me, call my cell phone, or send me a note on my website with the details, and I will work with you directly to coordinate receipt of the wine samples and a schedule for when my review(s) will be completed.
- A personal request from me may also occur. I frequent tasting rooms all over the Pacific Northwest on a routine basis. Often times I am interested in wines and will reach out to tasting room staff, wine makers, or winery owners in person and ask if they would like me to review one or more of their wines. From there, it’s simply a matter of transferring the wine samples and coordinating the effort.
- Simply ship your wine sample(s) directly to my home with detailed contact information and I will work with you online or via phone, to obtain any additional information I need and to develop a review schedule that works for both of us.
All of my contact information is available by clicking on the Contact Tab on the main menu. To obtain my shipping address, please email me or contact me via phone and I will provide you with this information. Also, In order for me to conduct a solid wine review, I require at least 1 bottle of the wine you’d like reviewed, but 2 bottles are better in the event one is corked or otherwise flawed.
When transferring wine(s), also referred to as “trade samples”, to Aaronswinechronicles.com LLC., the following conditions shall apply:
- I will conduct a “best effort” to perform an objective, non-biased evaluation/review of your wine(s) in a timely manner, but do not guarantee your product will be reviewed. I will certainly make a concerted effort to (at the very least) taste everything I receive.
- I will document all wine received for review processes as trade samples if the review is conducted and documented on Aaronswinechronicles.com or any of my associated social media venues.
- Because I aim to maintain a reputation of being honest and objective, I will not guarantee that the review outcome/rating of any wine will be high, low or anything in between. Rather, my review and rating will be directly correlated to my own personal experience and interpretation of the wine(s) being reviewed. As part of my review process, I will maintain a rigorous and consistent protocol for taking the necessary steps to ensure a non-biased evaluation of the wine(s). For more information on this process see My Wine Reviews and Rating Process.
- Once a wine has been reviewed, I will document my review and rating in a consistent manner (as per the process outlined in the My Wine Review and Rating Process), and this information may be published on Aaronswinechronicles.com and other social media venues associated with my website. This may include Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and/or Vivino. If requested, I can also email the requestor directly with my review and rating documentation.
- Since I prefer to focus on the positive aspects of great tasting wines, the requestor acknowledges that not all wines provided to Aaronswinechronicles.com LLC., will warrant high, positive, or even acceptable reviews and/or ratings. In the event that I receive a wine that does not result in a positive review, I will not post the review on my website or on any of my associated social media pages. If requested, I will submit my documentation to the requestor via email. It must be acknowledged that all wine reviews and ratings are inherently subjective, so this condition ensures that I keep the messages positive and eliminate any negative advertising that may arise from this review process.
As a scientist by trade, I feel most comfortable when I have as much relevant information as I can gather to help me in my assessment. When transferring wine(s) to Aaronswinechronicles.com LLC., for review and rating evaluations, please remember to attach any marketing brochures, winemaker notes, specifications, tasting notes, historical information or other relevant data. That way I have a more comprehensive background and understanding about key attributes such as appellation, specific vineyards and varietal ratios, aging information, pH and other chemical and physical property metrics, etc. If laboratory analysis has been conducted on a wine I would love to get a copy of that information as well.
Prior to publishing any wine reviews or ratings, I will share my findings with the requestor and ensure we both agree on whether or not to advertise these results online. I will certainly respect the decision of the requestor regarding when/if the information gets posted online. There are many ways to get featured on Aaronswinechronicles.com! Find out how by contacting me directly. I am happy to conduct specific wine reviews, document special events or tastings on my blog, interview wine industry experts and winemakers, or publish a winery or restaurant profile! Finally, my wife Gabriela happens to be an amazing professional photographer. Some of her landscape photography is highlighted on my site here, Wine Photography. We are available to provide your winery with creative and crisp photography for your marketing needs, social media advertising, bottle shots and vineyard photos. Her contact information can be found here MomentsbyGabriela.