Fall's Arrival on Red Mountain

Fall’s Arrival on Red Mountain!

Fall’s Arrival on Red Mountain

On this 1st Saturday in November, I was compelled to celebrate Fall’s arrival on Red Mountain.   It was a crisp day with clear blue skies and an ideal day to drink amazing wines at Col Solare!  The vineyards are beginning to change color in a dramatic fashion.  Enjoying some wine and a charcuterie plate at the top of Red Mountain was a perfect way to start my weekend.  As I walked into the Tasting Room, it was great to see Shae and Greg Frichette enjoying some wine with their friends!

So, my first order of business was to order the Charcuterie plate.  I’ve had it before on many occasions, but each time it’s been slightly different and I was looking forward it today.  It had Prosciutto, smoked Gouda, Manchego and Merlot cheeses, fresh and dried blueberries, crackers and hummus with olive oil.  This was a delicious plate and it paired quite well with the wine flight.  The tasting included the 2017 Shining Hill (Bordeaux style blend), and the 2014 and 2015 Col Solare Cabernet Sauvignons.

The Bottom Line

Both Cab’s are a proven commodity because I’ve tasted them consistently and I have many bottles of these babies sleeping nicely in my wine cellar.  Today, the 2017 Shining Hill was really drinking nicely!  The price point of $40 was also very attractive.  This wine consists of 67% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Cabernet Franc, 11% Merlot and 4% Carménère.  57% of the grapes were sourced from Col Solare Estate vineyards.  The remaining 43% of the grapes were sourced from Quintessence Vineyard and all vineyards are located on Red Mountain.  Where can you buy such high quality at such a reasonable price?  It is a rarity indeed.  So I walked away with 3 bottles of this amazing wine.  Fall’s arrival on Red Mountain was very good to me.  Until next time Col Colare!  Cheers!!!

Aaron Diaz